No Move is Too Big or Too Small
Let Planes help create a customized plan to fit the needs of your upcoming relocation. We have a team of dedicated experts to guide you through the entire moving process from start to finish. No move is too big or too small. From single-family homes to apartments, to retirement communities, to condos – we can handle it.
Our crews are trained to protect your belongings and your home, ensuring both are damage-free at the end of each move. And, as an agent for United Van Lines, we provide the convenience of a full-service move anywhere in the country. Our team members diligently work behind the scenes to take on the biggest challenges associated with moving – so you don’t have to.
Your company’s best asset is its employees. We’ll help you take care of them. By assigning a dedicated coordinator to every corporate relocation, your employees are informed with timely and accurate information throughout the relocation process.
We have extensive experience moving military and government personnel. In each relocation, whether acting as agent or carrier, we follow the same standardized steps to ensure excellent customer service and a successful move.
When planning your international move, you will have a single Move Coordinator who will navigate you through the entire process from origin to destination. As an international forwarder, Planes manages all aspects of the physical relocation.
6-8 weeks before moving day
- Set a date for a virtual or in-home survey. This will allow us to properly estimate your upcoming move.
- Communicate your company moving policy (for corporate moves only).
- Decide if you want to pack yourself – or if will you have it done by our experienced packers.
- Tell us everything that is going to be moved.
- Read the "Your Rights and Responsibilities Manual" (for full-service moves).
- Sign the Estimate/Order for Service.
- Keep the phone number and name of your salesperson or move coordinator handy.
4-6 weeks before moving day
- Host a "garage sale" or use an online auction service to dispose of unwanted items.
- Donate unwanted clothing or household goods to charitable organizations. Obtain receipts showing the items' approximate value for possible tax deductions.
- Use up supplies of canned goods, frozen foods and other household items. Buy only what will be needed before moving.
Finalize and Farewell
2-3 weeks before moving day
- Notify us if you add or subtract items or change move dates.
- Confirm any extra stops required to pick up or deliver goods during the move.
- Prepare to drive your car to a suitable loading site if it is being moved.
- Host a going-away party for children and their friends.
- Have some fun for yourself. Host an open house or an informal dinner.
- Make family travel plans. Reserve hotel rooms and airline tickets as needed.
- Have your car serviced for the moving trip.
- Point out any extra-fragile items needing special attention to the packers.
- Make sure everything is properly packed before moving day. Upon arrival, the van operator will check to see if boxes have been properly packed.
- Collect things you definitely want packed together and place them in separate groups.
- Unplug all electronic appliances 24 hours in advance of a move, so that they will be at room temperature on moving day.
- Check closets, cabinets, and storage lockers for any articles overlooked.
- Be available when the service representative arrives to prepare your appliances for shipment.
Check and Double Check
- Remain close by until loading is complete. Check and sign the inventory and keep a copy.
- Ask your move in coordinator any questions about your moving services.
- Sign necessary paperwork (High-Value Inventory Form and Bill of Lading/Freight Bill).
- Confirm the exact destination address and your contact information with the van operator.
- Be available to accept delivery or authorize an adult to be your representative to accept delivery and pay any charges for you.
- Communicate with the van operator within the free waiting time (i.e., two hours) or request more waiting time until the delivery can be made.
- Check your household goods as they are unloaded. Note discrepancies on the van operator's copy of the inventory prior to signing.
- Help avoid possible damage by leaving appliances and electronics turned off for about 24 hours while they adjust to new room temperatures.
- Keep all documents pertaining to your move in a safe place for tax filing purposes.
- When unloading, each piece of furniture will be placed as you direct, including the laying of rugs and setting up any beds disassembled at origin. Mattresses can be unpacked and appliances can be installed by checking with your move coordinator beforehand.